Sunday, October 23, 2011

~Mama's Kitchen~ We're cooking Apple Sauce!

Woohoo! We finally dipped into the 70's in central Florida this week and it feels great! Fall is here, ergo, apples are in season and they are everywhere. This is great news for us because no matter how picky my boys are, they have still never pushed away an apple...well, maybe is it wasn't peeled right ;) 
This week has been hectic and we've had little time to relax at home as a family and now it's Sunday night and that means the start to another busy week is ahead *sigh*
As a last minute attempt to make some Fall memories and enjoy a good snack before bed time I decided to make a quick and easy apple sauce and I wish you could all smell my house right now! *Yummy* You have to try this just to smell it!


Ingredients:
  • 4 apples
  • 1/4 cups of sugar
  • 3/4 cups of water
  • 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon
First peel, core, and chop up your apples 

Mix all your ingredients in a saucepan (the kids had fun with this part)

Cover and cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes

Smash the mixture (I used my wooded fork, just be creative)

Then, Vola! You'r done :P 

I also wanted to share this fun craft we did today while at the zoo:

Painted Pumpkins. 
Dare I say, just as much fun as carving!

Good Night Everyone!
God Bless <3




No comments:

Post a Comment