Friday, October 14, 2011

Mama's Kitchen is OPEN...Pumpkin Spice Pancake Dinner!

Pin It

How fast time flies! My eldest son is already 7 and my baby will be turning 2 this month *mixed emotions*. We love to go out as a family, but it's so difficult to get out with a toddler (I'm sure other parents can relate). So, as a family we came up with Friday Family Fun Night at Mama's Kitchen (Issac came up with the name <3) where we make an original recipe, play board games, and finish it up with a movie. When Issac came home from school today we started with this yummy mini pumpkin pie croissants recipe thanks to Keri *so yummy*.


After enjoying some delicious mini pumpkin pie croissants my son made an important observation, we still had some pumpkin pure left over! He wanted to make a pumpkin pie, but I was hoping for something a little less time consuming. We found common ground with pumpkin spice pancakes :D Who doesn't like breakfast for dinner? Plus, this is so easy and so tasty!



Ingredients Needed:


  • 2 cups baking mix (we already had Bisquick)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1-1/4 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 tbsp. sugar
  • 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl:


Let the mixture set for about 5 minutes
-Then-
Cook the pancakes on a frying pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray:
(I added some butter...shhhh)


Finally....Enjoy!


But will it satisfy our biggest critic?


Make sure you follow my blog for more Family Fun ideas :)
God Bless <3





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you guys liked the mini pumpkin pie croissants ... and now your pancakes are on my to-make list ;)

    keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved ur post, plus it helps with the pics and recipe. TY.

    ReplyDelete