Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Babies Babies Everywhere

Pin It

It must be in the water! It seems like I am surrounded by people having babies, which means.......Baby Showers! What to do, what to do?

Before the birth of my baby boy I was given a great baby shower by my wonderful friends Tam and Mari (Thank you ladies!) and the most unique and memorable gift I given was a diaper cake. It was so darn C-U-T-E!


Today I will pass along the top secret I was given that is used to make these wonderful gifts (which can also serve as a decoration)....pots! I never knew it was so easy! Let's get started then add a little twist ;o)


Materials Needed:

Roll diapers then tie tightly with the balloon ribbon:

Tightly fill the pots with the rolled diapers:

Wrap and tie the balloon ribbon around the center of the diapers:


Wrap and tie the wide ribbon around the center to cover the balloon ribbon:


Depending on how many tiers you want your diaper cake to be, 
repeat with various pot sizes
-Then- 
Stack them


Now for the fun part, use your imagination depending on the theme!
Think about a cake topper and little extras to go along the sides.


Here I used a hat made my yours truly :) Little Critters
I also used origami flowers (directions for the flower can be found here)
(Theme: Brown/Pink)
 (Theme: Jungle)
(Theme: Princess)


Now, for the twist...Diaper Cupcake! 
Same idea, smaller scale. 
This would be perfect as a center piece for multiple tables 
or even "served" on a tray :)


Till next time...
God Bless <3

1 comment:

  1. I love my diaper cake and hat you made me! It is so adorable and the pink and brown matched the theme perfectly. You're a great and talented friend! Thank you so much!
    -Rosie

    ReplyDelete