Saturday, November 5, 2011

*Mama's Kitchen* It's a Cookie, It's a Pop, It's a Cookie Pop!

Pin It

I had to think on the fly today. Now that my eldest son is back in Tae Kwon Do we are stretched for time every other day! Today is an anniversary celebration for the school and Issac decided that we (meaning I) would make cookie pops. We made them for the first time on Monday for Halloween and frosted little pumpkin faces and I wanted to do a blog post then, but they didn't last long enough for me to get a picture.
It's so funny how adding a simple stick to a cookie can completely change it! **giggling**

Originally I used a recipe for sugar cookies, but because of the short notice we are now going to use pre-made cookie dough. Plus, I am all for shortcuts! 

So without further ado, I give you...

You will need the following:
  • Cookie Dough (I used sugar dough)
  • Pop Sticks
  • Sprinkles (optional)

First preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.

Place the balled cookie dough on a cookie sheet and put a pop stick in the center of the ball.

Softly flatten the dough ball with your hand.

Decorate as desired

Place the cookie sheet in the oven until the edges of the cookies are brown (keep in mind that even after you pull the cookies out, they will continue to bake on the sheet).

Now, this part is important because this is what keeps your cookies soft,
let it set on the sheet for about 2 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.

Now you can hold it by the stick and your kids will love it!


His sample did not last long! :D

I will see you for a special series next week ;)...stay tuned!

God Bless <3

No comments:

Post a Comment